November 1, 2012
- Locum Tenens Dentist for California, January 2003 to present. Owner, Smilesforalifetime.com Temporary and Semi-Permanent Dental Services.
- Dentist/Blogger/Online Media Consultant at FullosseousFlap’s Dental Blog – FlapsBlog. Com, Smiles For A Lifetime.com, Flap’s Dentistry Blog and Flap’s California Blog, April 2005 to present.
- Owner and solo private practice general dentist (California License 27258), Thousand Oaks, California, 1979-2003.
- Part-time Clinical Instructor, Restorative Dentistry, Primary Oral Health Care Division, University of Southern California School of Dentistry, 2001-2003.
- El Segundo High School, El Segundo, California, 1969.
- Bachelor of Science, cum laude, Biological Sciences, University of Southern California, 1973.
- University of Oklahoma, Norman, Oklahoma, Graduate School of Zoology, 1974.
- Doctor of Dental Surgery, University of Southern California School of Dentistry, 1978.
- General Practice Residency, United States Public Health Service, 1978.
- General Dentistry, including Oral Surgery, Endodontics, Periodontics, Restorative Dentistry, Pediatric Dentistry, Cosmetic Dentistry, Implant Dentistry
- Technical Experience:
- Internet Marketing:Complete management of website design, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Search Engine Marketing (SEM), Pay Per Click (PPC) Advertising, Affiliate revenue systems (Commission junction), online competitive market analysis, Web 2.0: Blogs and Social Networks (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google Plus).
- Internet Branding: I’m able to generate publicity through social media, optimized press releases, articles, social news buttons, blogging, and aggregating media rich content like images, audio, video and printed materials to the intended target audience.
- Information Technology:Expertise in network administration, desktop support, wireless networking, firewall/virus/spyware security, email/web server administration, backup and recovery.
- Management:My over twenty-five years of owning a dentistry practice and working as a Trustee of a California Community College District has prepared me to make intelligent and informed decisions related to capital markets, free market economics, cost of capital, capital liquidity and inflation, public choice theory, monetary/fiscal policy, capital budgeting, and various public policies at the heart of modern economic debate. Furthermore, I’m capable of drafting various corporate documents including strategic business plans, marketing plans, conflict of interest policies, and compensation agreements.
- Alpha Epsilon Delta, Pre-medical/dental Honor Society, USC.
- Psi Omega Dental Fraternity, USC.
- American Dental Association.
- California Dental Association.
- Santa Barbara-Ventura County Dental Society
- Dental Staff, Los Robles Regional Medical Center, Thousand Oaks, California.
- Expert Dental Consultant, State of California, Department of Consumer Affairs, Board of Dental Examiners since 1983.
- Council on Legislation, California Dental Association.
- Emergency Dental Referral Committee, Santa Barbara-Ventura County Dental Society.
- Dental Care Committee, Santa Barbara-Ventura County Dental Society.
- Chairman, California Dental Political Action Committee, Santa Barbara-Ventura County Dental Society.
- Board of Directors, Rape, and Sexual Abuse Center of Ventura County.
VENTURA COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE BOARD OF TRUSTEES
- Elected Member Governing Board of Trustees, November 1989 – December 1994.
- Long Range Planning Committee.
- Redevelopment Agency Committee.
- Rules, Procedures Committee
- Member, ACCT (Association of Community College Trustees).
- Member, CCLC (Community College League of California).
- Vice-President, Governing Board, 1991-1992.
- President, Governing Board, 1992-1993.
CITY OF THOUSAND OAKS
- Chairman, Planning Commission, 1989.
- Member, Planning Commission, 1987 – 1989.
- City Committees:
- General Plan Review.
- Funding Allocation.
- Twenty-Fifth Anniversary.
- Affordable Housing.
- Inter-governmental Liaison.
LOCUM TENENS SERVICES:
- Interim, locum tenens and temporary dentistry
- Substitute/semi-permanent dentistry
- Long-term temporary dentistry for dental practices in probate
- Fill-in associateship dentistry
- Temporary dentistry management and consulting
- Maternity Leave locum tenens dentistry
- Temporary disability dentistry
- Surgical or rehabilitation leave locum tenens dentistry